TOMORROW’S TALENT TODAY
“The Powerminds apprenticeship program is designed to give businesses the opportunity to lead the process and therefore drive results.”
Powerminds puts businesses in the driver’s seat when it comes to designing and shaping youth apprenticeships at their companies. Business owners and managers are acutely aware of the dearth of highly-skilled employees to fill their most in-demand roles. By aligning the goals of businesses, students, and educators, Powerminds offers a practical solution to the lack of well-prepared individuals. As students learn on the job through meaningful work, their classroom experience will be designed to enhance the experience, resulting in talented, well-trained members of the workforce.
Although we put businesses in the driver’s seat, Powerminds is here to help our partners in the design and implementation of youth apprenticeship programming. Our team will work closely with your business to ensure the process is streamlined and effective. We directly support HR and help resolve compliance issues. In addition, we work with businesses to understand the core classroom knowledge needed for success and design the training programs to ensure students contribute meaningfully in the workplace. And we will support your recruitment, mentoring and retention efforts every step of the way.
Powerminds Supports Businesses
We are here to support you. Here’s a short summary of the Powerminds approach to ensuring successful apprenticeships.
Recruiting and HR Support
- Maintain apprenticeship marketplace & provide businesses with a one-stop shop for apprentice recruiting.
- Work with K-12 and Community College districts to ensure a wide range of career-ready students preparing for, applying to, and entering apprenticeships.
- Provide consulting support on HR policies & tools including onboarding, payroll, risk management, and more.
Establishing Training Centers
- Facilitate development of pre-workplace skills among student apprentices.
- Support development of training centers to provide pathway-specific training, which enhances apprentice productivity and supports ongoing learning.
- Consult on logistical questions regarding transportation, scheduling, program structure, etc.
- Facilitate businesses’ efforts to build internal career progressions that support student learning and the objectives of the business.
- Tie business pathway development to broader competency and training objectives.
Training Plan Development
- Provide guidance, training, and tools to supervisors, mentors, HR directors, and CEOs.
- Work with industry associations or affiliated business partners to define competencies, assessment, and training center learning plans for each occupational pathway offered.
- Identify competencies to be taught in the workplace. Provide mentors and supervisors with training suggestions and progress monitoring tools.
- Align training with relevant industry certifications and coordinate 3rd party assessments to ensure apprentices receive nationally-recognized credentials.
Interface with Educational Institutions
- Work with K-12 and Community College districts to ensure that curriculum in grades 9-10 prepares students for apprenticeships, including helping students develop cross-sector professional competencies, providing students with adequate career exploration opportunities.
- Broker agreements with higher education institutions so students can earn college credit during and after apprenticeships, enabling graduates to start college upon successful completion.